Friday, September 11, 2009

Read This!


A few years ago I read a great book by Anna Maxted called Running with Scissors. It was a fun summer read that I greatly enjoyed. It had a little more heart than most novels in the Chick Lit category but was still felt like a guilty pleasure read. I was really excited to read some other works by this witty English author. I purchased Behaving Like Adults to read on while I was on vacation in Mexico. I was anticipating a light summer read but after a few chapters I was really surprised by the intensity of the subject matter. I recently picked the book up again and was riveted. I loved the characters. They had depth and were relatable. It was the perfect combination of light hearted fun and exploratory truths that allows the reader to question their own values and explore how they would react if faced with similar circumstances.
I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Sounds good! I'll have to pick it up!