Monday, September 21, 2009

Emmy Fashion

My favorite looks of the night included:
January Jones in Versace


Heidi Klum had my favorite all around look of the night. Look at that silhouette! It doesn't get fiercer than that! She wore a custom made black Marchesa gown which managed to flaunt all the right curves and hide any imperfections.


Kate Walsh wore my favorite dress of the night. I loved the sweetheart neckline and the gorgeous draping. The floor length J. Mendel dress felt effortlessly formal and perfect for the night. The bangles and earrings are cute and the clutch was $30 from Aldo which is so fab. The only thing I wasn't too crazy about was the hair. I think a Grecian inspired updo with curls would have been pretty. I guess her hairstyle was chosen as part of a suave commercial where people voted so she didn't have a lot of choice.
Sandra Oh looked flawless in this gold floor length Marchesa gown. That dress fit her like a glove. I could have done with out the tassel belt though!


Olivia Wilde is stunner of a beauty. Usually I am not a fan of dresses that utilize nude netting. It looks a little too ice princess to me but I thought this Marchesa gown was pretty and the look was supported by flawless make-up.
I really enjoyed Blake Lively's Versacy gown. I have the feeling she'll be blasted by the fashion police but I thought the gown was very flattering and was young and sexy without being distasteful. I wasn't a huge fan of the uber long Fergie inspired braid though.


Kristen Chenowith. This 41 year old uber petite actress looks about 21 in this short sparkly Zuhair Murad designed dress. She came under criticism for being too casual for the Emmys but I love it and she seems to love it which is even more important. However, I would have added a bangle and swapped out those hideous shoes with a strappy nude heel.


I have the feeling there was a collective sigh of relief when Drew Barrymore chose not to dress up in her roller derby punk inspired costumes. In reality she could have worn any pretty dress and would make any best dress list.

Not my Faves:
Christina Hendricks in L'Wren Scot. Ms. Hendricks has some killer curves and and a coke bottle body but this dress seems taught in all the wrong places The fabric wrinkles in her thigh area are not flattering. Plus the color of the dress is a little goth against her pale skin. Had she chosen a dress that flaunted her curves she could have been a show stopper among swizzle stick actresses.
I think Leighton Meester is a very pretty girl with a fab body but I am not feeling this look at all. The Botega Vaneta dress is not particularly flattering and the whole look is confusing to me. It's not "pretty" or "edge". It just feels a little messy.

Hayden Pannettiere looks very matronly in this J. Mendel dress. She's so young but nothing about this is youthful. The red lips, updo, and draping would be a much better fit for someone twice her age.

No comments: