Thursday, September 3, 2009

Goat Cheese Ravioli

Last night boyfriend and I had two of our friends over for dinner. We were celebrating some good news and I tried a new recipe. I've been dying to make home made ravioli for the longest time. I found a great goat cheese ravioli recipe on line. It wasn't too difficult and it turned out delish!

For the filling mix together:

3 oz fresh goat cheese
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese
1 pinch of nutmeg

I am still waiting to purchase the ravioli maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid. so I used wonton noodles for the wrappers. Boyfriend was super skeptical but they turned out great. I was able to find the wonton wrappers at Whole Foods and the Uwajimaya store in Bellevue.

To finish the ravioli you place a tsp of filling inside the wrapper. Dip your finger in a cup of water and wet the edges of the wrapper. Fold it over to creat a little triangle and make sure to seal the edges.

I finished the goat cheese ravioli with a parsley sauce that was also super easy.
2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp of water
1 tbsp of shaved parmesean cheese
1 tsp of sea salt

I served this with foccachia bread and asparagus that was grilled with shaved gouda cheese.

1 comment:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Ummm YUM!!! I've been wanting to try to make homemade ravioloi too and this has inspired me!