Monday, November 17, 2008

Fallen Officer's Memorial Banquet





On Saturday Boyfriend and I attended the Fallen Officer's Memorial Banquet. The event raises funds to support the family of an officer who was killed in the line of duty. I was really unsure of what to expect. I kept asking Boyfriend what to wear and I wondered if the event would be a celebration or a more somber reflection. It turned out to be a lot of fun! The law enforcement community is really strong and I'm glad he's able to part of that comradere.


A lot of heroism is expressed for the men and women who are killed in the line of duty. I think it is important to recognize their sacrifice however, I also think it's important to recognize that their families pay the ultimate sacrifice. Spouses are the ones who have to pick up the pieces and move one with an abscence in their life. Children have to grow up without a parent. It felt good to be part of an event that recognizes the heroism of the families who have to move on after tradgedy.


The event featured live and silent auctions and we were really into the bidding! They had the cutest golden retreiver puppy that I wanted sooooo bad! Boyfriend vetoed that idea.... however I am making headway in my quest for a puppy. Our conversations have gone from:


"No Ivy we can't get a dog. You can get a dog but I'm not taking care of it. I don't want some foofy dog. I want a man dog!" -Boyfriend


"Boyfriend! I don't want to get a dog if you're not going to love the dog too. I really really really want one." -Me


Now we're talking about when the right time will be to purchase our pup!!


No comments: